Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Summer Bucket List, Berry Picking

Well, we're back from our big road trip with Nana.  We had the time of our lives and made some great memories.  However, we're ready to get back to our normal routine. 

I've checked out everyone's "Summer Bucket List" and there are so many amazing ideas.  I've picked my favorites on your lists and printed them on orange paper and added them to our bucket.  We'll be pulling an "orange" paper tomorrow, so stay tuned for a special time. 

I had Sassyfras pull a green slip last night (I'm still not 100% caught back up with life and worried I might not be able to pull off a spontaneous activity today).  She pulled, "Go to pick berries" and I'm glad we did pull it last night.  This is an activity that I like to do first thing in the morning when it's cooler and quieter at the farm. 

Tips for Berry Picking:

  Pack a light breakfast or snack and drinks that travel well
  Put sunscreen on everyone before leaving


  Hats and sunglasses
  Extra shirts for changes
  A couple of towels and wet wash clothes in Ziploc bags
  A trash bag for wet, dirty shoes and extra shoes if you aren't going straight home
  A cooler for the berries
  Smaller buckets for little ones

Little J washed the berries when we got home and we're planning to make a blueberry crisp for dessert tonight (before the berries are completely devoured by Juiciness).
abc button


Brimful Curiosities said...

Those blueberries look so yummy. I've never picked blueberries off a bush and wonder if they would grow well in our climate. I do enjoy picking wild black raspberries and blackcaps, though.

Lauren said...

They look great!