Friday, July 23, 2010

Science Museum

Yesterday we trekked off to a Science Museum a couple of hours away.  We were tired of our usual haunts and needed a new place to explore.  This museum was on the small side, but really pretty fun.  There were lots of hands on physics experiments, optical illusions, and even a reptile room with an enormous, live Burmese python.  After our visit we ate lunch at a little local diner and explore the town a little before heading home.  Everyone was pretty tired out after our day and headed off for bed a little early :)

Faster, faster Little J...it will make for a good rest later!

I wondered what Sassyfras was thinking about here.


Juiciness is actually lifting 100 pounds because of the length of this lever.




5 comments :

Brimful Curiosities said...

My daughter loves science museums. So many hands-on activities.

Brimful Curiosities said...

I also meant to say she also likes this Simple Machines game on the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry webpage. Thought I'd share..maybe your kids would find it interesting.
http://www.msichicago.org/online-science/simple-machines/activities/simple-machines-1/

Julia said...

Fun! My girls always love trips to the science museums :)

Ticia said...

Loved Juiciness lifting the weight. I love Kid Museums.

Jenny said...

We went to a science museum for our Field Trip Friday post, too. I think my kids would stay inside one all the day long.