Saturday, July 17, 2010

Nanny Diaries Summer Bucket List, Squirt Gun Fight


Sassyfras is ready with her hot pink water pistol!

I hosted a "Summer bucket list party" back on June 14th.  You can see the post here and all the wonderful link ups as well.  We have our own very long list, but I couldn't help but pick a few off of the partygoers' lists as well.  The other day we pulled an orange slip and came up with an idea from Nanny Diaries

Lisa at Nanny Diaries has a wonderful summer bucket list.  One of her ideas was to have a squirt gun fight.  All my kids love water and a squirt gun fight would be over the moon for them.  We decided to spread the fun a little and invite some of our playgroup friends over for a "showdown at sundown" later this week. 

If you use Evite, you can search for "cowboy" and there are a few backgrounds.  I used the "Howdy, Pardner" one and put in all the details of the fun.  It was free, only took a few more minutes than doing a standard email, and it really looks like something fun!

We're providing the water guns or they can bring their own, water of course, and some cool refreshments-root beer floats.  I'll let you know how soaking wet we all become...



5 comments :

Lisa said...

What a great idea to invite friends over!! Can't wait to see pics of the fun time!!

Ticia said...

Oh, I so need to do this, and maybe get a few water balloons.

Jackie H. said...

Cute playdate idea!

Sandra said...

Rootbeer floats! I'll be over then! Seriously, it's a great idea, my kids are happiest when they're wet!

Raising a Happy Child said...

I just got a set of water pistols for Anna, and she was over the moon. I like the picture Sassyfras looks like a future commando.