Friday, July 30, 2010

Happy Friday Night

These drinks look a little scary, the blue and all, but I can assure you they tasted pretty refreshing!  The kids were running around the yard and we relaxed and kept cool.




To make these I mixed the following proportions per drink and whipped it up in the blender. Top with a cherry!

2 oz fresh lime juice
2 oz Patron tequila
1oz Blue curacao
1 oz Triple Sec
1 cup of ice

I served caprese later for our appetizer.  I don't think that the margaritas would have paired well with this dish.  (Hmmm, on the other hand, perhaps margaritas pair with anything you want! :)

Fresh mozzarella and tomatoes from the farmer's market and fresh basil from the kids' herb garden.


Simply layer tomatoes with mozzarella and top with basil and olive oil.  I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for one of the kids to pull, "Make cheese", from our summer bucket list (you just know tie dye will come before this!  Which btw probably ended up in our bucket after a margarita or two). 

 
Happy Friday Night, Y'all!

7 comments :

Christy said...

Yum!

We have tie dye on our summer bucket list too, and I keep postponing it!

sara said...

The caprese looks so fresh and yummy. And the margaritas look so good!

Lauren said...

Those look amazing!!!
Following from one of the friday blog hops! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

xoxoxo
Lauren
www.twentysomethinghousewife.com

Hazel said...

I am a new follower from FF. Come visit my blog when you get the chance!

Hazel
Critique of the Unique
www.critiqueoftheunique.blogspot.com

ladyguinevere28 said...

Hello...nice foods.. i am following you now from friday followers. Hope you could return the favor. its http://www.ladyguinevere28.blogspot.com and http://www.singlemotheronthego.blogspot.com

Thank you

ada

Julia said...

Yum! I could really go for one of those drinks right now LOL

Jackie H. said...

They don't look scary. They look yummy!!