Friday, July 9, 2010

Happy Friday Night, Fresh Figs

For our Friday night ritual of drinks and appetizers, I made prosciutto wrapped figs accompanied by my version of a Kir Royale.  Figs have just come into season here and I love them!  I cut them in half, placed a small piece of locally made goat cheese on each half, and wrapped them in prosciutto.  To make my version of a Kir Royale, I used prosecco with a drop of Chambord and garnished with a fresh raspberry.  Happy Friday night!


Busy Buzzer said...

Thanks for buzzing by my blog today, I'm returning the love! I love prosciutto, not sure about the figs though - may have to try it out one day!

~Busy Buzzer
Buzzing the Day Away

{Bobbi} said...

I think I've told you this before...but I love the Friday not time with your husband. I think it's wonderful. The finger foods always look delish! I want to incorporate something like this in our week.

Cheryl said...

I'm longing for our figs to ripen. I love this simple idea of wrapping them in prosciutto. Topping it off with raspberries and a good wine makes it sound like my kind of evening. Yum, I can't wait!