Friday, July 23, 2010

Happy Friday Night, Baked Brie

Baked brie

I usually like to make something halfway healthy to snack on or at least fewer calories, but this is so good! 

To make this, I take a roll of Pillsbury French bread and unroll it around a round of brie.  Top the brie with a good bit of brown sugar and pecans.  Bake according to the French bread instructions, which is 350 degrees for 25 minutes. 

You want the bread to be baked, so that is what I watch to be completed.  Let this cool a little bit otherwise the brie just runs all over...and burns your mouth if you're too eager like me!


Line a baking sheet with foil and place brie round in center.  Unfold the French bread around the brie and top brie with brown sugar.  I wait until it is almost baked before adding pecans to the top.

Happy Friday night!


5 comments :

Christy said...

Yum! Occasionally, I make pizza with brie, sliced apples, caramelized onions, and slices of cooked chicken-apple sausage on top. It is so good!

Kelly said...

Christy- That pizza sounds wonderful...something that would really be great in the fall. I'm going to have to remember it!

sara said...

Yum...I just tried brie and guava jelly with crackers...I wanted to make it my new best friend :)

The Mom I Want To Be said...

Yum! That looks amazing. I'm hosting Bunco next month- I just added it to the menu!

{Bobbi} said...

Mmmm....Brie! Yum! We went to Napa on our honeymoon and everywhere we went they had the best wine and cheeses. This is totally bringing back those memories.