Friday, July 30, 2010

A Garden Visit


We took off for a nearby garden after naps the other day.  I packed a big cooler of drinks and snacks.  Aside from the natural beauty of gardens, I think what I love most about them is you never know what you will find just around the corner and each time you visit there is something different about the garden.








Little J spotted this carnivorous plant right away. 

Despite the swealtering heat there was plenty of shade and rest spots that made it quite nice.







Visit Live the Adventure for more Field Trip Friday Links.

learning laboratory at mama smiles



8 comments :

Bending Birches said...

a beautiful day filled with vibrant color!! warm wishes to you:)

sara said...

What an awesome place to have close by...very cool!

Elle Belles Bows said...

Beautiful day and amazing photos too! Wish I were that great with my photos!

Cheryl said...

I love the light filtering through the leaves. Looks like a lovely walk.

softearthart said...

Mother Nature is rather cool, isn't she, cheers from New Zealand, Marie

Jenny said...

Fun day. I love visiting garden-type places with the kids because of your reasons and also because they are a contained place to run and explore. My kids love even going to big greenhouse/nurseries - it's like a maze to them.

Tonya @ Live the Adventure said...

I'm finally getting around to stopping over and following you from last week's Field Trip Friday. I'm so excited that you linked up and I loved reading about your garden adventure. Your pictures were great- and I loved the carniverous plant! We had a Venus Fly Trap for a bit when we lived in Ohio but it didn't like the cold...even indoors! LOL Hope to read about more of your adventures on Field Trip Friday in the future! Blessings!:)

MaryAnne said...

What a beautiful garden!

Thanks for linking up =)