Friday, July 9, 2010

Garden Monster Rocks

make monster rocks

I saw this idea at Alisa Burke's blog and thought her North Oregon forest monster rocks were so cute.  On our road trip with Nana, we found these wonderful smooth, flat rocks.  We collected a bucket full and brought them home.  We made a batch of our own monster rocks to scatter around in our yard and gave a batch to my mother in law. 

make monster rocks

monster rocks

make monster rocks

monster rocks

monster rocks

I spray painted them first and then we used acrylic paints to decorate them.  I finished them off with a spray varnish and let them dry for a few days before setting them out in the garden.  I have no idea if they will hold up to the elements or not, but for now they make us smile when we pass them.


Milena said...

LOL- these are hysterical.

Thanks for the follow-following you back!

Jen said...

Those are so cute! My kids have wanted to do a craft...these would look so cute in my herb garden.

I'm now following you from the Friday Blog Hop.

Let's Just Give It Away said...

Following you from Following Friday!

Ticia said...

I love your rocks! I've seen this idea a couple of times, and each time I think I should do it, but I love how bright and vibrant yours turned out!
And (I"m commenting on several posts in one, because my computer has problems with loading blogs), I'd never thought to get a IMax movie from Netflix, I'll add that to my list of things to do with our new Netflix account.

Just Trying To Save Money said...

Stopping by to say hi!! Hope you have a great Friday!!

Erin of Imagination Kids said...

What a cute idea!!!

Raising a Happy Child said...

I love them - what a great activity! I guess it's time for me to get some acrylic paint here too - any recommendations?

Cheryl said...

They are so funny. Who could help smiling if they found one of these among the plants. Lovely idea.

Julia said...

Those are so cute!!

jennwa said...

Super cute. My kids love painting rocks. So easy, fun and inexpensive.
Thanks for sharing!!!!

Jenn @ Delicious Ambiguity said...

Hi You’ve got a great blog and I think you’d be interested in mine. I’d love it if you’d link up to my Tot Tuesdays party- a linky party dedicated to all things toddler: Have a great day!

Melissa G. said...

Oh my goodness, these are adorable! I"ll have to remember this and make them with my boys sometime! So cute!

Sam said...

Those are so cute!!! I need some of those in my garden! Great idea!

(Come check out my first product review!)