Monday, July 19, 2010

Baking Bread

I posted back here about trying to get a potato sourdough bread starter going after several miserable attempts.  I think I finally have one going that has a shot to be something good.  You can find the recipe here.  Little J helped me feed and make bread this week.  After a few more times of making it per the recipe, I may venture out and experiment with whole wheat flour.

Little J is punching the dough down after its first rise. Kneading dough is a really fun activity to help build hand strength.

In the pan for the second rise.

Not a bad rise, could be better. 

It tasted wonderful!  A little denser than I like, but it's a good start and way better than past attempts!  There were little faces waiting patiently for a warm, buttered piece behind me as I took this picture.

Linking to:  Teach Preschool


Ticia said...

I look forward to hearing about future attempts. I keep threatening to learn how to make bread, but have never followed through on that threat.

sara said...

YUM! Also is there anything cuter than little chubby hands doing anything?!