Friday, June 18, 2010

Pond Walks with Kids

We've done a few recent  walks at several local ponds this week.  Aside from worrying who was too close to the water or if some giant snake was going to jump out of nowhere and snatch one of us (a completely unrealistic fear I realize and I do try to keep it hidden from my kids) the walks were amazing.  See for are some of our pictures. 

pond preschool theme
Little J's pond walk backpack.


Lots of amazing lotus!

Wild blackberries

Mossy rocks and logs

Cephalanthus occidentalis or buttonbush

Japenese Beatle


Tessa said...

Your photos are amazing!!

Hi, I'm now following you from Fun Follow Friday :)-
Would love if you could hop on over and say hi!
Happy Friday!!

Shopper Gal

Andrea said...

Hi there! Following you from FFF:-)

Karen said...

Following from Friday Blog Hop. AWESOME pictures!

Brynn said...

Breath-taking photos. I'm a new follower from BHF. :-)

Simply Stacie said...

Thanks for joining Fun Follow Friday! I am your newest follower.

Sarah said...

I'm a new follower from Fun Follow Friday.
I hope you'll come check me out at PS Mom Reviews and follow me too!

Cheryl said...

That looks like a fascinating walk and lovely photos. I'm intrigued by the beetle and the buttonbush. What a nice find.

Ticia said...

Awesome picture! What a fun trip!

Raising a Happy Child said...

Beautiful pictures! How neat it is that your kids grow up in such a beautiful part of the world.