Thursday, June 10, 2010

Five Green and Speckled Frogs Go Along Craft

We read the story Five Green and Speckled Frogs by Priscilla Burris and then did this craft for our stART project this week. 


preschool frog craft

Supplies:
Frog pattern
spray bottle
green tempera paint
googly eyes
craft sticks
glue

Go along craft for Five Green and Speckled Frogs

This project really couldn't be much easier.  I took an old spray bottle and made sure it was completely cleaned and safe for the kids to reuse.  I filled it with watered down green tempera paint and took the kids outside to paint.  Each one sprayed or "speckled" their frog pattern (Frog pattern found here). 

Go along craft for Five Green and Speckled Frogs

After they dried they glued their googly eyes and craft stick to them.  We then all sat on our "log" and sang the song "Five Green and Speckled Frogs. 

Go along craft for Five Green and Speckled Frogs


21 comments :

Joyful Learner said...

Very cute! Now I need to check out the book! Thanks!

Playing by the book said...

It must have been a lot of fun to use the sprayer! How clever to use it to create speckled frogs :-)

Stacy said...

How fun! My daughter would love to do this!

Wonder Mom said...

Now, that's something to "croak" about!

Sew Fun! said...

okay..spray bottle painting..♥ it! definitely will be doing this..maybe this afternoon!!:o)
xo

Maggy< Red Ted Art said...

My toddler would LOVE this. We MUST have a go!! x

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

Wow, I haven't thought of that song in decades. Cute frog template!

Brimful Curiosities said...

Nothing like a little spray bottle fun! Now you have me singing five green and speckled frogs!

Ticia said...

Oh man, now I have that song stuck in my head........

How hard was it to clean it out afterwards?

sbswtp said...

What a fun project!

Kelly said...

Since it was a recycled spray bottle, I rinsed it a little and tossed it in the recycle bin. It's also washable paint, so it wasn't a big clean up mess.

Raising a Happy Child said...

We love this song - what a great idea to "speckle" frogs from a spray bottle.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I love the spray bottle paint idea. We would have to do it outside. JDaniel would get it everywhere.

Jenny said...

I have the song stuck in my head now, also. I can't even imagine how much fun my kids will have squirting paint. Very cute.

Christy said...

This is SO CUTE! I have to do this with my kids. They love to sing that song. Thanks!

Jackie H. said...

Oooh, I need something realitively "easy" to do this afternoon. Frog making it is! Thanks for sharing!

Charlene said...

LOVE it! Cute idea! And another resource for projects too (bonus).

Stopping by from stART!

Michelle said...

Thank you for linking up to stART. This is such a cute project to go along with that book! Happy New Year :)

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Great pick for a favorite! I've got to remember it, when the weather turns nice again :)

Wonder Mom said...

Frogs are always a favorite at our house- fantastic craft!

Jenny said...

Oh, I remember when you did this one! We still haven't "spray painted" yet, but I'm adding spray bottles to my shopping list right now.