Thursday, June 3, 2010

Eric Carle Inspired Self Collage

We're holding off on starting our pond theme until next week when we're hopefully are a little more settled into a summer routine.  


For our stART project, Little J read the story From Head to Toe by Eric Carle to Sassyfras and Juiciness.  They love it when he reads to them!

I remembered a great post I found at 4 Crazy Kings: Life Size Collage People and thought we could give it a try.  Little J and I did this activity yesterday while the twins napped.  It was very easy to personalized, unique, and beautiful. He was so proud of it when it was finished. I hope you check out Mama King's post. Here are our results. 

I love how he personalized it with things he loves at the age of 5. He loves sharks (all things dangerous really-snakes, poisonous spiders, dinosaurs, carnivorous plants, you get the idea) and he is starting T-Ball practice very soon.  We hung it on his bedroom door.


13 comments :

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

That really turned out great! It would be fun to do from time to time, and see how interests change :)

Ticia said...

I love Eric Carle, and love what you did with this.

Wonder Mom said...

Wicked AWESOME!!!

Brimful Curiosities said...

Making a lifesize project is always fun, especially the part about getting traced. Love the baseball hat!

SANDRA said...

We are fans of Eric Carle and just adore what you did as an Art project. That was inspiring. Thanks for sharing!

MamaJ said...

This really looks great! Thanks for sharing!

Mama King said...

It really turned out great! We really love Head to Toe as well. So fun to read with toddlers :-)

Thanks for the link!

Charlene said...

That turned out great!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

What a great project. The shark looks wonderful.

Discovering Montessori said...

This is really cool!! Thanks for sharing such an creative project.

Helen said...

I just love this... what a great idea... thanks for sharing. I know my children would enjoy making a life size collage. I just love Eric Carle's books but this is one I dont have yet so must go and buy it.

sbswtp said...

I have come over from Mama to 3 Blessings (the blog hop). I am now a follower :) I love this project!!

The Ramblings and Adventures of a SAHM (tolchin.blogspot.com)

http://livingatthewhiteheadszoo.blogspot.com/ said...

I just pinned this . Turned out so great !