Monday, May 31, 2010

Cooking With Kids, Muffin Tin Monday


Muffin Tin Monday, sponsored by Michelle at Muffin Tin Mom, has no theme for this week.  I used our star muffin liners and filled them with...Muffins!  Seriously.  All the kids helped make some quick homemade blueberry muffins for breakfast.   I wish I could say they were fresh picked berries, but we won't have any here until late July to early August.   

We used this recipe from Cook's.Com and topped with some crumb topping I had in the freezer left over from a coffee cake we made a couple of weeks ago.  They turned out really good.

The kid with a fine motor delay can crack an egg better than anyone I know.  He's our "Master egg cracker".
All the kids had a chance to add an ingredient and stir.  I found that when cooking with the two younger ones that it was better to premeasure the ingredient into a bowl and let them pour from the bowl.  Little J likes to measure his own and does well with it.  It's a good time to talk about fractions and ratios with him.











Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth

8 comments :

Jamie said...

Those look REALLY good and how fun that you got the kids involved. :)

w said...

they look great! my girls love mixing batter. but really i think it's because they sneak licks.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

These look wonderful. I love that the kids did the mixing.

Jenny said...

They look yummy - perfect idea for the day.

Shannon said...

I'd take one! We've been making more muffins & healthier desserts here lately, I'm kind of on a mission (or at least a series of blog posts).

Michelle, Muffin Tin Mom said...

um, i must know where you got that ruffled red cake stand!!

Kelly said...

The red cake stand is from one of my favorite places, Target. However, it was at Christmas time, so I'm not sure if they still have them or not...

Kelli Becton said...

We have a link up on Tuesdays called Kids in the Kitchen - I'd love to have you join us and link up :)