Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Love My Library!!!

Christianne at Little Page Turners has invited us to a "Love my library" party.  We do love our library, but it really is basic shelves and books.  The furnishings are getting a little run down and there is not too much that is visually appealing to kids.  One thing I do love about it though, is their summer reading program.  Kids are given a log at the start of summer and bring their time in each week for a small prize.  At the end of the summer when you reach your reading time goal, you pick a new/gently used book to keep. 

So, I thought I would show you some of Little J's personal reading space instead.  When I went to take this picture, I realized we have children's books all over the house.  I think I'm going to do a little reorganizing this afternoon!

This is a bookshelf in his room.  Under his bed are two large bins that he keeps larger books in one and library books in another.  Lightning McQueen on top is actually a CD player that he can put music on or listen to books on CD. 

This is his reading chair.  There is a floor lamp out of view.  Don't you just love the snakes?

There is another bookshelf in the playroom and Sassyfras and Juiciness have several baskets of books it their room that they can reach easily.  There are two large cushions on the floor of their room that they like to sit on to read.  They are thankfully napping right now, so no pictures of their space.

Well, thanks for inviting us to your library.  I'm envious of all the fabulous children's spaces at your libraries.  Maybe I should get off my tush and see what needs to happen to encourage some remodeling of our library's space.  There is a cause I could get behind (really no pun intended)!





Little Page Turners

8 comments :

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

You go with your activist self! I honestly have no idea how our city got the funds for our fabulous library, but I am sure glad for whoever lobbied to make it happen! Beautiful home library! Maybe that should be my next party? :) Thanks for linking up.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Terrific reading space! How could your little ones help but want to snuggle up with a book!?!

Christy said...

I love the way you have set up a reading space for your kids. I remember having a favorite reading corner growing up. =) It is so terrific that you are using your library, in spite of its needed upgrades, and that you are excited to see what you can do.

Ginny Marie said...

Books all over the house = a good thing! I love your son's little reading chair! It's adorable, snakes and all!

Sew Fun! said...

super cute home library! ♥ that you linked this!

Brimful Curiosities said...

We have books all over our home, too. I haven't written my library post yet but hope to soon.

vanessa @ silly eagle books said...

I love seeing kids' book shelves and reading areas! Those snakes are especially awesome. :)

Anne@LittleSproutBooks said...

I think a home reading space is just as important as the library space! I love that your son has a special reading chair - we usually read in bed or on a lap.