Monday, May 10, 2010

Ladybug Counting


I cut out two large circles from red felt, 2 half-circles from black felt, 4 antennae shapes from black felt, and then 20 small circles from black felt. I used fabric glue to attach the pieces to form 2 ladybugs. I placed the remaining 20 small circles in a bowl. In another bowl I placed numbers 1-10. I demonstrated to Juiciness and Sassyfras how to pick a number and then place the correct number of spots on the ladybug. They rote count well and name the numbers 1-10, but they are still learning to associate the number with one to one correspondence. They still enjoyed the activity though.





4 comments :

Discovering Montessori said...

Thisn work is really cool. Good job. I will be following you to see what other creative ideas you have.

Joyful Learner said...

The ladybug is so cute! Have you tried drawing a line in the middle and having your child match the dots? It's great for symmetry and learning doubles! Thanks for sharing and linking up!

littlewondersdays said...

Discovering Montessori-It looks like I should be the one following you! Good luck on your training and thanks for blogging about it.

Joyful- Great idea. Since this is felt, I wouldn't even need to mark it. I can just cut a black line out and lay it down and remove it anytime necessary.

Michelle said...

We made a felt activity similar to this one and Emily loves it too!