Monday, May 31, 2010

Cave Experiment, Day 1

Our experiment is working ok.  A stalactite had formed. However, you can see that the solution is dripping too fast and making a big puddle on the tray, but no stalagmite.  I took this picture and then tried to reposition the cups and string a little. And then I broke our stalactite.  I Went from cool mom to "Oh man mom" in a second.  Oh well, hopefully it will grow again and this time I'll just let it drip wherever, that's what the tray is for.


Ticia said...

That's grown a lot very quickly. Much quicker than the cave we went to. But, I guess if our cave grew that fast we'd have no cave left.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

It's still sooo much better than our attempt with sugar water!