Friday, April 23, 2010

The Tiny Seed, Go Along Craft Using Water Color Crayons

The Tiny Seed go along craft

We read the book The Tiny Seed, by Eric Carle and then Sassyfras and Juiciness made their own giant flowers.  They turned out even cuter than I had imagined!  This was an incredibly easy project for toddlers.

watercolor crayons with kids

First, I cut out flower shapes on watercolor paper (watercolor paper works best when using watercolor crayons). Then they colored the flowers with watercolor crayons.  Once they had colored their flowers, I gave them some water and a paint brush and they painted over their coloring.  It was so easy for them to do!  We finished them off with stems and a leaf.  I was amazed at how much they looked the the giant flower in the book.

using water color crayons with kids

flower crafts for kids

flower art with kids

The Tiny Seed go along craft

The Tiny Seed Craft


Melissa: Mother to 3 Little Sprouts said...

That came out sooo cute! Great job!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I love the flowers! The books look great too.

Ticia said...

I have been dying to get some watercolor pencils, now I know one that works.

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

That watercolor paper really makes a difference - the paintings turned out great!

Amanda said...

Where did you find the water color crayons? Those turned out awsome!

Kelly said...

I originally purchased the watercolor crayons for Little J when he was around 4 as he was resistant to writing. I thought these might lure him if water was involved!

I found them at Michael's (use your coupon they aren't inexpensive) in what I consider the "adult" artist paint isle. They are very fun to use and worth the purchase.

Debra @ A Frugal Friend said...

Too cute....I'd never heard of watercolor crayons! Yeah! Thanks.