Monday, April 5, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday

Little J is still home for spring break for one more day.  We've had a wonderful past week.  We visited a science museum, a butterfly house, the zoo, spent a day at the beach with dad, and just enjoyed lots of outdoor play and some lazy afternoons relaxing.  We're headed out later today for a little more fun, so we're going to do MTM breakfast.

Muffin Tin Monday sponsored by Muffin Tin Mom has no theme today.  I used our colorful flower muffin liners and filled them with some favorite breakfasts foods.  Since we were't rushing anywhere, I made crepes.  We love to fill them with berries and top them with a little whipped cream.  I even got crazy and made real bacon, real microwaved quick stuff. 

Mini crepes, raspberries, strawberries, whipped cream, bacon, and OJ.

Little J likes to make his own crepes.  I'm sure Sassyfras and Juiciness would too, but we all know what a mess that would be!

Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth


JDaniel4's Mom said...

I need to eat breakfast at your house. What a great meal!

{Bobbi} said...

That looks soooo good. I've never made crepes. Do you have a no-fail recipe I could use?!

Lisa said...

I would love the recipe for the crepes!!

Kelly said...

They are very easy to make, almost like making pancakes except you can't make as many at once. Combine 1 1/2 cups of milk, 1 cup of flour, 2 eggs, 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, and 1 tablespoon of sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla in a bowl and beat until well mixed. I use a small, maybe 6" skillet, over medium heat and spray with Pam. Put a couple of tablespoons of batter in and swirl it around to make a larger circle. I cook until they're a little golden and just on one side, no need to even flip them. I sometimes make the batter before everyone is awake, but they also freeze well too, so you could make them ahead of time and then let them thaw. They're a big hit around strawberry season!

w said...

oh yes. i love crepes! also. i'm too lazy. so. what i suggest (and when i say suggest, i mean just go ahead and do it) is you make some. suction pack them. you know what i'm talking about. and send them my way. i can take care of the fruit. word.

also. wow. your tin is gorgeous!

BranFlakes said...

Oh crepes...yummy! looks like a fantastic breakfast!