Monday, April 19, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday, Rock On Leftovers

I hate left overs.  Even the good stuff.  I think it may have something to do with when I was young.  My mom used to make "Friday night soup".  It basically was anything left over for the week made into a soup.  I'll have to say, most of the time it was pretty good.  Other times, it was, well, interesting. 

None the less, we responsibly eat our leftovers around here.  I'm glad I have enough kids to pawn them off on though!  That usually does the trick.

We're still reading and studying plants and flowers.  We read the book Growing Vegetable Soup by Lois Ehlert at lunch time.  We're going to make veggie soup for our Friday night dinner and call Grandma to say "hi". 

For lunch they had left over corn on the cob, tomatoes, celery and carrot slices with ranch dressing dip, oyster crackers, and left over mini bagels with cream cheese and mini chocolate chips. 




For more great MTM lunches head over to Muffin Tin Mom.
Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth

3 comments :

Lisa said...

Super cute!!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I love how you used so many veggies!

AshHadAns said...

I love the butterfly muffin tins! I have never come across them before, will have to keep an eye out.