Monday, April 12, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday, Rainbows



Today's Muffin Tin Monday theme is rainbows and brings the color themed series to an end.  Our theme for the next couple of weeks is plants and flowers, so I thought a veggie/fruit tin would fit with our theme.  I cut rectangles out of construction paper and gave two to each kid. Their instruction was to search the market for a fruit or vegetable that matched their paper.  This is what they came up with.


Red- Apples by Sassyfras
Orange-Carrots by Juiciness
Yellow-Bananas by Sassyfras
Green-Broccoli by Little J
Blue-Blueberries by Little J
Purple- Grapes by Juiciness (He initially found the eggplants.  Although they like eggplant hummus, I was pretty sure they would not like them by themselves.  I bought one anyway b/c Dr. Wonderful and I will eat it for dinner.  I'll let them try it at dinner tonight.  I also made a tin for Little J for snack when he gets home from school.  He really liked doing this when he was home over spring break.)





Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth



7 comments :

Lisa said...

Great colorful tin!!

w said...

what a great idea! when we did blue monday, my oldest had to help me remember blue foods.

great tin!

{Bobbi} said...

Love your tin!

That was a great idea about the postcards that you wrote on my blog. I think I'm going to try that. There is no room for 52 postcards! Thanks for the idea

JDaniel4's Mom said...

Wow! Your colors really pop in the picture. I love that they worked with the colors.

varunner said...

What a creative idea to take mtm to market! I bet they loved that.

The Ross Family said...

I love your tin and lesson! Fun!

Nf1andprek-whisper said...

i love the rainbow did you read eating the alphabet by lois elhert? I like the counting in the garden book , I dont' have that one. I have a lot of stuff on flower unit, if you want to email me, I also make flowers from cupcake liners have you done that?? I start my cinco de mayo unit monday. eatmywords40@yahoo.com
wasabi mommy