Saturday, March 13, 2010

Rabbits and Raindrops, A Book and a Craft

I did this project with Little J when he was about Sassyfras and Juiciness's age.  The idea came from The Mailbox magazine, but I'm not sure what year or month.  We read the story Rabbits and Raindrops by Jim Arnosky.  Afterward, I gave S&J rabbit cutouts to color.  They glued them onto some construction paper, tore and glued green streamers to look like tree leaves, and then put hole punch reinforcements on the paper to look like raindrops.  They glued a little cotton for the rabbit's tail.  I think they turned out cute.




9 comments :

Michelle said...

This is so cute I think we will make something similar in April, thanks for sharing the idea. I loved all the mailbox magazines when I was teaching :0)

Zoe @ Playing by the book said...

They certainly are cute! I'll have to look out for the book.

Melissa: Mother to 3 Little Sprouts said...

Very cute! My 2 yr old loves rabbits and would be so excited to do this! I am a new follower as well!

Rebecca said...

This craft is so adorable!!

vanessa said...

These are very cute! I've never read this book, but will add it to my list.

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

I'm not familiar with that book. Great craft. We love anything around here that involves tearing paper.

Brimful Curiosities said...

Bunny books are always a hit with my daughter. We'll have to look into this one.

Kelly said...

For some reason this book was hard to find and I had it special ordered years ago. It's a great book for the 4 and under crowd. The story line is cute, but it's really the illustrations that are great. It was worth ordering.

Raising a Happy Child said...

This is a great idea, and the book looks like fun. The bunnies turned out really cute.