Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mrs. Wishy Washy's Toddler Art Project


This was our art project to Mrs. Wishy Washy's Farm by Joy Cowley. I printed and cut out the patterns from here, I found them through the Virtual Vine. Juiciness and Sassyfras glued them to their paper and finger painted them (I showed them the page of the animals at the hardware store getting into the buckets of paint). After they dried, I gave them each some bubble wrap and iridescent sparkle paint to "wash" the animals.










7 comments :

Jolly Green Mommy said...

Very creative! This would be great and I would love to do something similar with my little one, but she's in a clean hands phase.

Raising a Happy Child said...

What a glorious mess :) You are a brave mommy, and I can guess who got a bath right after this project :) We like the book, but my take on it was pulling the bucket of water outside and giving our outside plastic animals a good bath :)

Char said...

It looks like a fun activity. I like your idea for washing the animals, very cute. I am now following your blog.

Brimful Curiosities said...

Finger paint fun...it looks like a marvelous time. The story bag animals look so soft and fun to play with.

sbswtp said...

What a fun project!

Michelle said...

What a fun and creative project. It looks like they had a great time working on it :0)

Thank you for linking up to stART!

Kelly said...

Some very experienced moms! Yes, the bath was already drawn and towels were right next to them as they painted! When I let them do really messy work, I strip them down to their diapers and have old towels to wrap them in and carry them off after. Juiciness usually gets sidetracked and starts painting himself at some point. It's all washable though, so I let them have fun!