Saturday, February 6, 2010

Root Beer Tasting, Finally

We planned a family fun night last weekend, but Little J developed a sore throat.  It turns out he had strep throat, poor guy.  So we did our root beer taste testing tonight.  It was quite fun. You can see my original posting here.

Here are our winners:

Best tasting...Stewart's
Worst tasting...Natural Brew
Fizziest...IBC
Would make the best root beer float...Virgil's
Best with chicken nuggets...Stewart's
Worst with cheese...Natural Brew

This was the score card we used. 

Root Beer Tasting
The contenders
     IBC            
     Stewart’s   
     Virgil’s        
     Natural Brew                 
     Sioux City            
Hypothesis:  The one I think will taste the best is…
Hypothesis:  The one I think will taste the worst is…
Hypothesis:  The one I think will be the fizziest is…
Hypothesis:  The one I think will make the best root beer float is…
Hypothesis:  The one I think will taste the best with chicken nuggets is…
Hypothesis:  The one I think will taste the worst with cheese is…
Hypothesis is based on observing the bottle and smelling the contents.

Categories for Blind Taste Testing

  1. Best Tasting  #
  2. Worst Tasting #
  3. Fizziest #
  4. Would make the best root beer float #
  5. Best with chicken nuggets #
  6. Worst with cheese #                                            

4 comments :

phasejumper said...

No A&W? That's the only kind I drink!

Kelly said...

LOL! A&W is what we drink everyday too!

SnoopyGirl said...

This tasting sounds like fun. We drink A&W too, by the way. LOL! My favorite root beer when we eat at Noodles is Sprecher. It comes in a glass bottle. Yummy stuff!

Jennifer said...

That's so funny! I love Natural Brew Root Beer. We're doing a tasting for my mom. She loves root beer, but basically drinks Barq's. I wanted to expand her palette. We already have the Sioux City and the Natural Brew. We're trying to find Hank's, but it's not in our area any longer. It's SO good. We'll definitely get Virgil's and then fill in with either Stewarts or IBC, if we can't find Hank's before then. Thanks for the tasting sheet idea!