Monday, February 1, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday, Dr. Seuss

This week's theme for Muffin Tin Monday, sponsored by Muffin Tin Mom, is Dr. Seuss. We did a tin around the story The Shape of Me and Other Stuff. Our lesson plan theme this week is "All about me". After reading the story and eating lunch, Juiciness and Sassyfras played with these shape stamps.

Circle shaped bananas, square peanut butter crackers, triangle shaped cheese, hexagon shaped crackers, ham and berries just because. I used some food picks to add a few more shapes.


I bought these shape stamps from Michael's, but we have Giant Geometric Shape Stamps/and outline shapes on order from a local school supply store. They have a big knob that makes it easy for toddlers to hold and manipulate. There are many more shapes, but I just chose the ones I have introduced, plus the bird and snowflake since we just had lesson weeks on winter and birds. Notice we also used washable stamp pads!

6 comments :

w said...

what a great book to work off of! love the shapes.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I love your stamps and your tin. Thanks for stopping by.

Andrea (ace1028) said...

Cute and fun! Happy MTM~

LeAnn * ~ See Great Things said...

It is amazing what fun a cute food pick can add. Cute!

MamaGames said...

Really fun shapes, and I love how you tied the book and shapes into your own weekly theme. Great! :)

Kristen said...

I don't know if I ever saw that book. I am going to have to keep my eye out. Great tin.