Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Winter Sensory Tub

This is a large storage container with 2 bags of jumbo cotton balls. I added a few warm and fuzzy things as well as some scoops and bowls.

I read One Winter's Day by M. Christina Butler while they played. It's a cute story about a hedgehog preparing for winter, but his nest is blown away. He has warm mittens, hat, and a scarf (they are touch and feel) that he generously gives away to those in need as he makes his way to a friend's house to weather the storm.

Sassyfras filled the mittens with cotton balls before she decided to put them on herself.

All three kids enjoyed playing for quite some time. I think later this week I will trade out the warm and fuzzy items for some polar animals.


Jenn @ Delicious Ambiguity said...

This sensory bin is soo cute. I love the mittens!

I hope you'll stop by and grab a featured button. Have a great day!

Deb Chitwood said...

I LOVE your sensory tub ... and it's great that it's connected with a book! You have so many wonderful winter activities! I featured your winter sensory tub photo and your winter posts in my Montessori-Inspired Winter Activities at

Sierra @ H is for Homeschooling said...

I meant to put mittens in our sensory bin and forgot. Such a cute idea! I would love for you to come share this post at my new linky party!