Monday, January 18, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday

Today's Muffin Tin Monday, sponsored by Her Cup Overfloweth (who is sporting a beautiful new blog btw), has no theme. Our theme this week is winter/snow. All three kids are home today in honor of MLK's birthday and we'll be out and about at lunch time. So, after playing outside this morning (which was very early!) I decided to do a hot cocoa tray, which in our house is good and warm cocoa.

I poured a little cocoa in an 8oz Tupperware pitcher and allowed everyone to pour their own drink. J&S have used this pitcher before to practice pouring water, but I've never been brave enough to do anything else. They actually did pretty well. I gave them a little towel to wipe up their spills. Little J read The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats to us and we had a fun little time.

Yellow is our color of the week, so we used yellow muffin liners. They were filled with whipped cream, heart sprinkles, and mini chocolate chips.




6 comments :

ImogenSky said...

Wow! I'd love some of that for myself right now. Great idea!

Jamie said...

What a great idea!

Family Style School said...

Ohh, That is a great idea. I think I will use it, my kids will love it on this cold/snowy day here in UT.

w said...

love it! what a great idea!

Jen said...

I love the idea of practicing pouring. My little one needs to do that. Great idea for a cocoa tin. What a fun treat after outside play. :)

Kelly said...

Thanks everyone! J&S are by no means good at pouring liquids, and they shouldn't be, but they do love to try. I can trust Little J with a jug of milk now because of his Montessori training with pouring though. Have a wonderful week everyone.