Monday, January 11, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday, and a nap!

Today's Muffin Tin Monday theme is "Back to school, learning is fun". Again, I'm not the most creative person, so I tried to think back to my school day lunches and decided peanut butter and jelly and apples had to be in the mix somewhere. I ended up using our purple, triangle shaped muffin cups and filled them with a grape jelly sandwich cut into a mitten shape, blackberries, apple slices, kalamata olives (weird I know, but they love them!), a purple tube yogurt, and milk. We read One Mitten by Kristine O'Connell George. Now, thankfully, they are napping!


9 comments :

Our Little Family said...

That's the perfect lunch tin! I love your triangular muffin cups, too!

BranFlakes said...

my kids LOVE olives too! Their fave is the black ones though, they like to put them on their fingers and pretend to be tree frogs.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I haven't tried olives yet. They may have to be in my next tin! Nice tin.

w said...

perfect idea - adding in a book to read.

MamaGames said...

I love the little purple triangles! Thanks for sharing. :)

Sherry said...

Love the purple triangle tins. My little one loves olives as well!!!

Susana said...

Love that mitten shaped sandwich!

The Activity Mom said...

Looks tasty! Great book! AND a nap? Score!

Kelly said...

Thanks everyone for such sweet and encouraging comments. It's very helpful since I'm just starting this blog.

We read a book or two most lunches. They enjoy it and it seems to keep them in their seats longer. Branflakes- I love the olives as treefrogs, too funny!