Monday, January 4, 2010

Lesson Plans

I'm not a teacher by profession, but I enjoy fun learning activities with my kids at home. Our oldest son is in a Montessori Kindergarten, but we did and still do fun projects at home. Over the years I've developed a lesson plan grid that I use to organize my thoughts. I've posted a blank one below that I use with my 2 year olds. I also have one that has evolved for my 5 year old. I don't necessarily plan an activity for every row everyday, but we always read and always do plenty of gross and fine motor activities.

Gross and Fine Motor
Music/Dramatic Play
Science/Social Studies/Technology
Practical Life
Problem Solving Skills/Listening Skills/Sensory
Number -

Juiciness doing a transfer work using blue cotton balls and a strawberry huller as tongs. This is a montessori practical life skill. It covers fine motor and coordination as well as working with the color blue.

1 comment :

Joelle Turner said...

Hi, I stumbled upon your blog this evening and have been going from the most recent back. I'm sure I won't stop until I get to your first post. I love all your ideas! I also have 2 year old twins, I think they are a little younger than yours, they turned 2 the end of Feb. Both girls. and I have a 6 month old son. Thanks for posting your empty lesson plan and the one filled in. I'm going to have to start using this for my girls! Where do you come up with all your ideas? I'd love for you to post more lesson plans. And I'd love to talk to you more about how you're teaching your 2 year olds. Thanks again for your wonderful blog.